Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, how are you? I am in the process of building a new house and want to create a Home system the is multi room controlable, different zones and not break the bank. I hope its possible. I am looking at the Onkyo 3007 and the 5007 since they are such a great price right now.

Just hard to find if these units can be controlled with keypads from each room and have a different signal be sent to different zones, or have a room be a different zone one day and change it the next. EG. Set up the outside and dining area as a zone, or next day have the dining room zone 2 and the outside zone 3?

Any rate looking forward to trolling the posts and try to find the information. If anybody wants to speak up and help me I'm ok with that as well. I have also looked at niles products, I just don't know if I go with niles if it will take advantage of the Onkyo system, or if Im over kill at that point?

anyrate thanks and hello :T

-NV

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks John, large forum, lots to look at. Is there one dedicated to muilti room, multi zone setups? From what I can tell the Onika 5007 will give me my main Zone at 7.1, run a second zone with video and a pair of speakers and a third zone with speakers. Could I put my third zone choice through a speaker splitter and run multiple pairs off it to run music to the rest of the house, or for my second zone set it up for the rest of the house and the third zone for outside? Just tossing around ideas since I have a blank canvas to start from.

-NV

·
Banned
4,015 Posts
Thanks John, large forum, lots to look at. Is there one dedicated to muilti room, multi zone setups? From what I can tell the Onika 5007 will give me my main Zone at 7.1, run a second zone with video and a pair of speakers and a third zone with speakers. Could I put my third zone choice through a speaker splitter and run multiple pairs off it to run music to the rest of the house, or for my second zone set it up for the rest of the house and the third zone for outside? Just tossing around ideas since I have a blank canvas to start from.

-NV
No, but System set up and Connections Forum would probably be the closest for you.

·
Registered
6,170 Posts
Hello and Welcome to HTS.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Welcome aboard the Shack from a fellow Albertan,

I highly recommend the Onkyo products, the 3007 or 5007 would be a fantastic choice.

Enjoy your stay with us.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Wow gone for a day and its gets busy! Hi all and thank you for the warm welcome. Tony Edmonton, Its ok we can still be friends and we can make some side bets in Alberta hockey this year!! I'll choose the winning team 'Calgary', and you can have Edmonton ;c).

John thank you for the heads up, I'll pop over there ant take a look. Its looking like quite the daunting task lol. Can anybody tell me the main differences between the 3007 and the 5007 besides the 4 power supplies and the 10 watt/channel? Right now its about a 300 or 400 dollar difference and I am wondering if it will make a huge difference. I think I have finally figured out that it does not have the multi room/zone support that I am looking for, anybody know if it communicates well with lets say a niles box or something along that line? Can I hook up or attach wall plates that have volume control and other amp controls on them to the Onkyo systems? At any rate, thanks for making such a great place for new people and experts alike to all come together.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
I agree, Edmonton (Oilers) need allot of work and so do the Eskimos, it will be a few years before thay will be where they were before. Im not much of a sports fan so I dont really care.

The 3007 and 5007 are almost identical and dont offer much difference other than power and a small amount of features. Its not really worth it.

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
Welcome to the Shack. Have fun. Dennis

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks gentlemen glad to be here and look forward to learning lots
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Hello and welcome.

All my video areas in the house have their own video source/sound, the theatre room having the most extensive. Music around the house comes from the sources in the theater amplified by my old Denon AVC. In each room with a set of speakers is a volume control, the one exception is the one in the living room. Since it has a clear view to the hot tub outside I added IR to that volume control, this way I can adjust the volume of my EV outside speakers while outside even while sitting in the hot tub.

All the Belden cable I used to wire the house for Sound/Video/Internet I purchased from Anixter here in Edmonton.

Xantech volume controls and ir interface you can order from Axe Music

If you want to go hog wild on AV distribution and love DIY Xantech also has that kind of stuff. If you have buckets of cash you can also look at the Crestron Prodigy

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks Andre, I'll look at a local suplier and see what they have to offer. Have you set up different zones, as in each zone can play a different source? Or are you pretty well locked into each zone playing the same music/sound beyond your video zones?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts