Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This just started about a week ago and I can't figure out why. It doesn't matter which speaker or mic I'm using, or their relative placement. I use a Behringer Xenyx502 for a mic preamp and then go into my HP desktop line in. I don't send the mic input to the speakers so that's not an issue. Any ideas?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
Are you using a single sweep or multiple sweeps? Multiple sweeps cause problems if the input and output are not on the same device. Otherwise post an mdat file, might have some more clues in it.

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
What that shows is a monitoring/feedback problem (also some response irregularities and distortion at low frequencies, around 65 - 200 Hz). Are you sure "Listen to this device" hasn't been selected in the Windows audio properties for the Line In?

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
The input signal looks to be getting fed back into the output somewhere, so you'll need to track that down.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The input signal looks to be getting fed back into the output somewhere, so you'll need to track that down.
Back into the output? There is literally nothing connected to my computer during the soundboard calibration except the short cable going from line out to line in. During testing line out goes to the speaker under test and the preamplified mic signal goes to line in. Because it seems to be related to the soundcard I guess I'll pick up an external USB soundcard and see if that works.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts