Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

61 - 80 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thanks,
I will try this out this weekend. I have a Denon Blu Ray player. Will it be the same. I knew that I had read about the receiver on some of the Denon units needing to be on the network gateway but don't remember hearing anything about the Blu Ray

·
Premium Member
7,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Thanks,
I will try this out this weekend. I have a Denon Blu Ray player. Will it be the same. I knew that I had read about the receiver on some of the Denon units needing to be on the network gateway but don't remember hearing anything about the Blu Ray
Not sure about that one - I am using an OPPO. Best way I can think of to figure it out - search through the devices to find your unit and download it. Then, open the device up to see if it uses network codes to send commands. If so, it has to go under Network.

·
Registered
32 Posts
You said search through the devices my unit and download it. Is this devices on the Irule Builder? I would just be more comfortable if I could find one device that worked so I could say that the IRule is seeing the GC-100. I would think that I would see the communication lights on the back of the GC-100 blink instead of staying a solid green.

·
Premium Member
7,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Yes, those devices are accessed through the Builder. When you bring up the device list on the right, you can right click and see an entry "Add Device". That takes you to a page that will let you search a list of the available devices you can download to the builder.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have not yet worked out the issues with the I Rule yet. So I have decide to get the room closer to being complete then install the equipment, get on the network then take another stab at it. I notice a lot of neat backgrounds for the I Rule I Pads. How are those created. Can you just drag in a picture for the background and use it??? Is there anywhere to go to get more detailed information?

·
Premium Member
7,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
I have not yet worked out the issues with the I Rule yet. So I have decide to get the room closer to being complete then install the equipment, get on the network then take another stab at it. I notice a lot of neat backgrounds for the I Rule I Pads. How are those created. Can you just drag in a picture for the background and use it??? Is there anywhere to go to get more detailed information?
You can - all you need to do is import the image and then you can use it as a background picture. Just make sure that you get pictures that are 1024x680 as that is the correct size for an iPad display.

I pulled several pictures from the net and used them as the backgrounds for my different screens...

I have not found a good location yet for documentation - I normally check out iRule support and then do trial and error from there.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
OK, remember this is just a first run at a screen so no laughing! :bigsmile:

One thing I have to figure out - for some reason, the gateway IP changes periodically so I have to find a new gateway and change the IP in my existing one. Definitely need to figure that one out as it is very tedious having to update it.

Is there a way to change it to the gateway IP to a STATIC IP address...? sorry Im just getting into your post and havent read ahead to see if you fixed this issue...

·
Premium Member
7,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Is there a way to change it to the gateway IP to a STATIC IP address...? sorry Im just getting into your post and havent read ahead to see if you fixed this issue...
There is - check page 3 for the discussion on that topic...

·
Registered
32 Posts
My room is finally ready for Ipad to be connected so I will probably be asking a lot of questions. Room looks great the picture the projector puts out is awsome can't wait. I'm having a wireless router issue that I'm having the provider out today to work on. Chairs should arrive this week. Need to contact Denon because the Bluray player has an IP Address but I can not find it when I look for it on the computer???? Was reading through your complete post and what good information you can find. Thanks,

·
Registered
32 Posts
I know what the IP address is of the unit but I can't locate it when I look at the router. I have the Mac Address. How do you go about making a static IP and then would I be able to see it. The denon AVR unit I have not had any issues:hissyfit:

·
Premium Member
7,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
I know what the IP address is of the unit but I can't locate it when I look at the router. I have the Mac Address. How do you go about making a static IP and then would I be able to see it. The denon AVR unit I have not had any issues:hissyfit:
How do I set up a network gateway? Got my lights working now trying to set up my Denon AVR.
Yikes, sorry Mark - somehow this thread slipped through the cracks on me. Were you able to get these straightened out?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I am up and running with the I Rule but trying to work out many bugs. When I hit the TV button it shuts every
thing off so I need to figure out which command to use on the Denon and get it set in my Entrance. The other thing that I'm trying to do is set channels up on the ICONS that represent stations such as CNBC, ABC, NBC, CBS, Hallmark, Etc.. Everything else I just need to work thru. Would love to find a neat background to use then figure out how to down load and put together.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Hi guys, -A new member for your group.
I’m a refuge from RedEye. I always had trouble getting it to hook up reliably to my network despite a strong signal from My Asus RT-N66U Dark Night router. ( signal strength confirmed with inSSIDer)
The RedEye finally crapped out completely. I went looking for assistance from RedEye.
Even though their web site is still up, they ‘have closed their doors’.
I have read through all of your posts on irule and as much I can inhale at the irule site. I was especially interested in your thoughts regarding screen size. I’ve been using an ipod touch with the RedEye but I find that the screen is just too small. I have a Hisense Sero 7 Pro on order. It’s 7 in. screen should work out better. I also have a Global Cache iTach IP2IR on order.
I’ll go for the Pro version of irule as I want the feedback features for everything that I can control over IP.

I was just wondering if anyone did a comparison with any other control system, such as MyUremote ( http://www.myuremote.com/website/ ) ios, Android,
Or, Roomie (http://www.pooraudiophile.com/2013/07/roomie-remote-review-best-universal.html ) ios only.
I will let you know how it goes and I probably have lots of questions for you experts.
Have a Happy New Year.
Ernie

·
Registered
32 Posts
I finally have some more free time so I'm back to doing some fine tuning on the theater and I rule. I might of asked this question before but I will do it again. I'm trying to get more features working on my Denon Blu Ray player. The Irule does not offer up all the items that I know that the remote can do (i.e Net Flick, You Tube). How do I go about programing these items??? I have tried to post some pictures of the theater. It is a lot more impressive in person but we are loving it. The kids and their friends love being here enjoying movies and music. Also works great for a sound studio for my daughters trumpet playing.

·
Premium Member
7,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
I finally have some more free time so I'm back to doing some fine tuning on the theater and I rule. I might of asked this question before but I will do it again. I'm trying to get more features working on my Denon Blu Ray player. The Irule does not offer up all the items that I know that the remote can do (i.e Net Flick, You Tube). How do I go about programing these items??? I have tried to post some pictures of the theater. It is a lot more impressive in person but we are loving it. The kids and their friends love being here enjoying movies and music. Also works great for a sound studio for my daughters trumpet playing.
Mark,

Glad to hear everyone is enjoying the theater!

I have not found a good solution - sometimes you can look through the commands other users have uploaded to get what you are looking for - but that is really hit or miss. Only other suggestion I have is contacting the iRule folks - I met one of them at a GTG and he was super friendly and helpful. Let me know if you figure it out - I got the bare bones going, but I am still knee deep in construction so I have not really delved into it yet.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I tried to post some pictures but I could not get them uploaded. What is the correct process to up load pics. Thanks for all of your help. It has made our theater a great space. As does everyone, there is still fine tuning to do.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
644 Posts
Your best bet is to try and get a hold of the Denon codes. You should then be able to create new actions inside irule. You'll probably need to search the interwebs and denon forums to get a hold of them.

I was lucky with my Yamaha equipment. I found a spread sheet with every single command / action and the hex code for it. So for the actions that weren't already in the irule builder I was able to add manually.

·
Premium Member
7,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
I tried to post some pictures but I could not get them uploaded. What is the correct process to up load pics. Thanks for all of your help. It has made our theater a great space. As does everyone, there is still fine tuning to do.

Thanks
I used to use photobucket and then grab the tag and copy it to my post. Now, I upload them to the gallery here and then use the my photos function.

Your best bet is to try and get a hold of the Denon codes. You should then be able to create new actions inside irule. You'll probably need to search the interwebs and denon forums to get a hold of them.

I was lucky with my Yamaha equipment. I found a spread sheet with every single command / action and the hex code for it. So for the actions that weren't already in the irule builder I was able to add manually.
Thanks for that Simon - I know I have a few I will need to search for once I get back on the iRule track.

61 - 80 of 94 Posts