Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I was recommended this forum at a woodworking site.

I'm a custom woodworker and am building an entertainment credenza. I have a set of speakers I built years ago I want to use but I will need to modify my speakers so they will fit within the new design. They will be housed within compartments with a screen to hide the speakers.

I'm impressed with the different discussion groups on the this site and a little overwhelmed.

Would like to say that my goals are simply to avoid trashing the sound quality of my system. I don't have audiophile aspirations I just don't want to make any obvious mistakes that someone versed in home theater would know to avoid.

Hope to get some pointers, is there an FAQ hosted? It could save me from asking the questions that may have been answered time and time again.

Thanks,

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Welcome to the forum....:wave:

My suggestion is to start a new thread on the DIY speakers section ...I think you'll get more help there :T.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, so many subforums I didn't know where to start!

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Welcome to Home Theater Shack!

Howdy there AdAstraWood and welcome to the Shack!

We are certainly glad you joined in with us... :T

Sonnie

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
Glad to have a woodworkiing expert on board! Welcome, and have fun, Dennis

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks, I'm happy to share any woodworking knowledge that could be useful.

There are lots of ways to accomplish a task and it would be great to help anyone avoid learning the hard way.

Plenty of times I've come away from a project and though, "well, I now I know what NOT to do"

·
Premium Member
1,941 Posts
Welcome Adastra,

You might not find a FAQ, but you'll find a lot of projects and skillful DIYers. Enjoy :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts