Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Just curious, what did you find the frequency resolution of the Sabine's parametric EQ to be - i.e., how many possible settings per octave? And what are the narrowest and widest Q settings, and how many settings in between (or rather, how many total?)

Regards,
Wayne
The parametric menu starts out with a Q=.1 and it would let me enter in .11. I have not tested to see if it actually works, but the software lets me enter in the value. It actually let me enter in .01 for Q. :huh: It looks like the highest Q value is 9.99. The frequency looks to be limited to 1Hz. increments. I hope this answers your questions. You can download their software and try it for free. You do NOT need an actual unit for the software to work.

:nerd:

On another note, I have finished removing the BFD and have the YDP inserted now. I will try and get some comparison graphs. :bigsmile:

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Forgot to include a new picture:

:bigsmile:

Attachments

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
Your woman is going to have your neck for scratching the furniture... :)

What is your intention with all these equalizers? Are you trying to find the best one for your system, or is it just interest....

brucek

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Your woman is going to have your neck for scratching the furniture... :)

What is your intention with all these equalizers? Are you trying to find the best one for your system, or is it just interest....

brucek
The flash makes the scratches look worse. Luckily they are low and not easy to see. :hide:

As far as intention, I would say both.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I forgot to revisit this and show the comparison of the YDP to the Behringer. The major difference was that I was able to address the major boost in the low Hz. from corner placement.

1. Behringer Filters.
2. Yamaha YDP2006 Filters.
3. Overlapped comparison.

:nerd:

Attachments

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
21 - 28 of 28 Posts