Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am on search for suitable amp and initially liked the Behringer iNuke 1000DSP but after realizing it has a built in HPF at 20Hz it turned my down because it will reduce the low extension of Ultimax 15.

I will also want to control the esxursion limits and an 11-14Hz HPF would be great.

Does anyone of you guys know an amp that isnt limited up to 14Hz or, what would be great, an amp that has an adjustable HPF 10-20Hz?

(I am sorry in case here is not appropriate please move the thread :) )

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a ton for the info. Those amps may be too beefy for the ultimax 15.. Do you know whether the Behringer EPQ900 can go infrasonic too? Plus is thin too :)

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I intend to build a ported sub (was previously considering the re xxx 12 but i dont need that much spl) tuned at16-17 Hz and need linear amp output down to maybe 12 Hz. Or ideally possibility to set a hpf through software from the amp.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, appreciate it Mike. At this large box i consider the cab to be sonotube style, a pvc tube 25inch wide. I would need something different than the bash amp. Do you know whether a Behringer EPQ900 can deliver from 12,13Hz onwards, or another amp for that matter?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Green is the Bash 500 with a 17 hz HPF.
Yellow is a iNuke 1000DSP with a 20 hz HPF.

View attachment 47586
Thank you. Hmm I get a different picture when I use a 17Hz HPF and 20Hz HPF.. Did you simply apply the high pass filters 17Hz and 20Hz for both graphs?

Here is what i got:

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Have you considered going sealed?

Regards,
sga2
I want to get really low and with the sealed i need to equilize a lot which will load the voice coil and it wouldnt sound that loud at 20Hz. But maybe i am wrong and am open for new designs, especially the cab would get small.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I want to get really low and with the sealed i need to equilize a lot which will load the voice coil and it wouldnt sound that loud at 20Hz. But maybe i am wrong and am open for new designs, especially the cab would get small.
Keep in mind that your room is going to reinforce the low end. I have two UM-15's, each in sealed 20" x20" x20" cabinets, powered by one EP-4000 in stereo mode. I get +/-3dB down to about 8Hz (except for one crummy room null around 45Hz) in 2,200 cu ft room. Only EQ thus far is Audyssey MultiEQ XT32. I am not wanting for more bass and have only seen the red clip lights flicker, barely, on one very intense scene from Dark Knight Rises.

Regards,
sga2

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Keep in mind that your room is going to reinforce the low end. I have two UM-15's, each in sealed 20" x20" x20" cabinets, powered by one EP-4000 in stereo mode. I get +/-3dB down to about 8Hz (except for one crummy room null around 45Hz) in 2,200 cu ft room. Only EQ thus far is Audyssey MultiEQ XT32. I am not wanting for more bass and have only seen the red clip lights flicker, barely, on one very intense scene from Dark Knight Rises.

Regards,
sga2
That is really really impresive low end. I guess in a larger room would get the low extension even better, right?
How much equilizing do you have, like at which frequencies you have set filters and with how much of dBs?

·
Registered
2 Posts
The new minidsp PWR-ICE 250 plate amplifier with built in DSP (including 6 band parametric EQ and fully adjustable crossovers down to 10hz high pass) also is an option, although it is more expensive than the iNuke or BASH 500.

(I tried to post a link to the amplifier but this is my first post so the forum wouldn't let me).

·
Registered
580 Posts
That is really really impresive low end. I guess in a larger room would get the low extension even better, right?
How much equilizing do you have, like at which frequencies you have set filters and with how much of dBs?
Not sure what filters Audyssey has applied (no way to confirm) but I do not have any additional EQ, yet.

I'd expect larger room to have less room gain.

Regards,
sga2

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The new minidsp PWR-ICE 250 plate amplifier with built in DSP (including 6 band parametric EQ and fully adjustable crossovers down to 10hz high pass) also is an option, although it is more expensive than the iNuke or BASH 500.

(I tried to post a link to the amplifier but this is my first post so the forum wouldn't let me).
Welcome to the Forum ! Yes those amps seem to be very good amps. Nevertheless they are cheaper than their hypex equivalents.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts