Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title states. I would like to keep it cheap as this is my first build and I just purchased the intel i975 for my other hobby:bigsmile:

·
Registered
41 Posts
As the title states. I would like to keep it cheap as this is my first build and I just purchased the intel i975 for my other hobby:bigsmile:
The BASH 300 or 500 would be acceptable. The 500 if you opted for sealed. The 300 would be adequate for the vented applications.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Learn how to overclock and save yourself a lot of money. :T

Join the :coocoo: people, I myself have an i7 920 stable at 3.8GHz (for almost a year now), soon I'll be shooting for 4GHz.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dude thats all:unbelievable: I have had my 920 up to 5 ghz (liquid cooled with the heatkiller block) but had to back it down to 4.4 for everyday use. I have a 9550 up to 4.5 ghz(liquid cooled with the ek supreme block) for everyday and the 5300 up to 4.8 b/c ( on air with the coolermaster V8)of the high multi. So know who u r talking to before you speak. Anyway i was looking at the 500 bash or the behringer a500.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Strictly for HT. Music is handled elsewhere. Just did an open air test and the subs are doing ok so far.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The parameters for the SRX15 are:
Electrical Q Value -Qes: 0.45
Mechanical Q Value -Qms: 4.87
Total Speaker Q Value -Qts: 0.41
Free Air Resonance -Fs: 23 Hz
Equivalent Compliance -Vas: 203 liters
One-Way, Linear Excursion -Xmax: 18 mm
Efficiency -SPL 1W/1m: 87.6 dB SPL
Effective Piston Area -Sd: 810 cm^2
DC Resistance -Re: 1.8 ohm
Nominal Impedance -Znom: Dual 2/4 ohm
Thermal Power Handling -Pe: 300 W
Force Factor -Bl: 14.35

Tuning frequency per winisd is 21hz. Box size is 8.8ft^3 ported and 4.235ft^3 sealed.

·
Premium Member
19,397 Posts
For HT ported would be the way to go. 9 cu.ft tuned to 20 hz with a pair of 4" flared ports used full length which is 17 inches. Green is with a Bash 300 watt amp with the default 17.7 hz high pass filter. Orange is with a Bash 500 watt amp with the default high pass filter changed from 30 hz to to 18.7 hz with 1 db of boost.

RE SRX15.JPG

·
Registered
74 Posts
Dude thats all:unbelievable: I have had my 920 up to 5 ghz (liquid cooled with the heatkiller block) but had to back it down to 4.4 for everyday use. I have a 9550 up to 4.5 ghz(liquid cooled with the ek supreme block) for everyday and the 5300 up to 4.8 b/c ( on air with the coolermaster V8)of the high multi. So know who u r talking to before you speak. Anyway i was looking at the 500 bash or the behringer a500.
Not trying to offend. But see, you're crazier than I am. That being said I can only assume your new EE is going for 5ghz stable, GL. I too am using the Cooler Master V8, love it. Don't suppose you have these builds posted on one of the OCing forums?

Anyway, if you're looking at the Bash 500 I'd highly recommend the Oaudio 500w plate amp.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts