Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for an amp to run a dual ported 12" lmsr project. Want something that will have plenty of power to push them preferably with some sort of DSP or high pass filter adjustment. Seen posting on Behringer, crown and QSC. Thoughts on those models? I have seen that Vega and Peavey make some but looking for a little input.
thanks

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Does anyone have experience with the crown dsi 1000? Or what about the qsc cx or rmx lines. Pros and cons?

·
Super Moderator
5,869 Posts
What type of power are you wanting and what is your budget?

Peavey makes a good amplifier,Crown, QSC also make quality amplifiers and Behringer seems to be doing very well also.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Power at a minimum would be 1000w but given that the drivers can handle this each I am open to going up to 2000w+. Budget i would like to stay under $1000. I was looking at a few sites and have found some places that are selling these brands used. One is Guitar Center as they have an abundance of the Crown and QSC amps at a fair price which i believe can be lowered with a little bit of discussion.

·
Super Moderator
5,869 Posts
ISA1350 stereo or maybe a ISA750 Bridged but these amps are not cheap. PLUS the DSP from QSC is nice but again not cheap. For your amount of money I would just buy a Minidsp and a Behringer EP2000 or Inuke 6000 all for way under 1000. If you want a better quality amp you could go with other brands but to get your wattage of 2000watts the price gets dear. Yamaha 7000 maybe or if available the Crest Pro Lite 2.0 or 3.0. Peavey IPR series are the same as the Crest so those are an option also.

For the money Behringer is your best bet. But you cam find some other higher quality manufacturer amps on the used market for about half of retail prices.

The ISA450 only puts out about 425 stereo and 1400 bridged. EP2000 from Behringer would put out 2000watts bridged and cost about half or less.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah i have browsed used on the amps themselves and have found some very appealing deals. On the mini dsp how low can the filters go? I do not have experience with them. how is the softare with them. I am not trying to get fancy on the adjustments but do want to be able to filter around 15-18hz and and be able to adjust frequency were needed.

·
Super Moderator
5,869 Posts
7hz I believe is the lowest settings can be made. So 15hz is no problem.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yes that would be good as i have no need to go down that low. have you worked with the item itself. Looking to make a purchase this weekend and any input or comparison would be great.

·
Super Moderator
5,869 Posts
I have used the 2x4 balanced MiniDSP for my 3way designed speaker. I will be using my 2x4 soon for just subs. I have sold my 3way speakers and just have to get around to using the mini for my subs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts