Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i purchased a Dayton HPSA1000-R 1000W amp from a friend,
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?Partnumber=300-810

well im going to power a 15inch tc 3000 neo in 4ft^3 sealed box. if u have better reccomendations for the box please voice ur opinion this is mainly for music. i dont watch alot of movies in my room.

im not too familar on how to set the bandwidth, frequency & phase.

its going to be corner loaded in my room. can anyone give me a little insight on how all this should be set.

i cant model the sub since its being reconed, so i dont know the tsp, i dont have a rew or have the money to purchase one. if u need dimensions on my room i will get them asap.

oh and this will wired to 4ohms to get some decent power for the sub.

·
Registered
100 Posts
i purchased a Dayton HPSA1000-R 1000W amp from a friend,
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?Partnumber=300-810

well im going to power a 15inch tc 3000 neo in 4ft^3 sealed box. if u have better reccomendations for the box please voice ur opinion this is mainly for music. i dont watch alot of movies in my room.

im not too familar on how to set the bandwidth, frequency & phase.

its going to be corner loaded in my room. can anyone give me a little insight on how all this should be set.

i cant model the sub since its being reconed, so i dont know the tsp, i dont have a rew or have the money to purchase one. if u need dimensions on my room i will get them asap.

oh and this will wired to 4ohms to get some decent power for the sub.
if you google for the sub driver then you will find the TS parameters, from this you can use winisd to model the box etc.

to set the level use a spl meter

phase - touch the cone of the sub and your mains lightly whilst playing low level music, if they move in time then one can assume they are in phase - otherwise adjust manually until you get the best bass responce (to your ear)

with that sub and amp I don't think you need corner loading

rew is free, it is a software programme - you need a pc, soundcard and mic/sound meter (check the dedicated rew forum)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if you google for the sub driver then you will find the TS parameters, from this you can use winisd to model the box etc.

to set the level use a spl meter

phase - touch the cone of the sub and your mains lightly whilst playing low level music, if they move in time then one can assume they are in phase - otherwise adjust manually until you get the best bass responce (to your ear)

with that sub and amp I don't think you need corner loading

rew is free, it is a software programme - you need a pc, soundcard and mic/sound meter (check the dedicated rew forum)
i cant get tsp, the sub is being reconed wtih specific parts i chose and the guy doing it cant get me tsp. i have it being built with progressive spiders so i can tune lower than with stiff spiders.
and on the rew i ment i dont have money to buy a mic and my computer doesnt have the soundcard needed.

ill try and get pics of my room so i can show u exactly where im placing it

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
306 Posts
well without knowing and modeling the parameters its kinda a shot in the dark how it will be. But because you are doing a sealed it is a bit more lenient then ported, as if you dont like how it sounds you can always just take up space in it with something (I use extra wood i have laying around) or make it appear larger to the sub with some fiberfill (helps but not huge difference).

Again, without knowing the specs who knows what it will do. Are you getting it fixed up by TC sounds guys or somewhere else?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well without knowing and modeling the parameters its kinda a shot in the dark how it will be. But because you are doing a sealed it is a bit more lenient then ported, as if you dont like how it sounds you can always just take up space in it with something (I use extra wood i have laying around) or make it appear larger to the sub with some fiberfill (helps but not huge difference).

Again, without knowing the specs who knows what it will do. Are you getting it fixed up by TC sounds guys or somewhere else?

well i cant model tsp, i dont have that dayton wt3 i think its called. neither can he. its getting fixed up by a guy in tennesse. he is really good with his recones and is a tc type of person. he has had some protos sent to him by thilo. he keeps in communication with thilo, but i just dont want tc parts. they cost alot more than what i paid for my pap parts

1 - 7 of 7 Posts