Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you recommend to amplify a HTPC line-out to a distributed audio system? I would like to boost the output.

·
Banned
3,807 Posts
If you're volume is up in the OS, and you're running the line out to powered AVR, you shouldn't need anything else. What's your setup, AVR, Separates, or Powered speakers?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It runs out from the HTPC to a Russound CAA66 distribution amp to 6 zones. The main zone in the family room has 4 ceiling speakers. I would like more volume. The issue may be with the distribution amp.

·
Banned
3,807 Posts
Yeah, you could check that by inserting a different amp into one pair of speakers and see if your volume increases. Also make sure that your in-ceiling speakers are wired to give you proper impedance.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I directly wired an amp to the speakers (which are parallel wired BTW) and the volume was fine. Apparently the Russound amp output is only 20 watts.

·
Banned
3,807 Posts
Parts express has inexpensive distribution amps rated for more power, or you could wire the 4 speakers together in a way that give you 6-8 ohms (google "series parallel speaker wiring impedence), and use a pro-amp like the Behringer A500 for more power than you'd ever need.

·
Registered
12 Posts
hiya i would go with a bigger wattage amp there im curently useing a cheep kenwood 2 chaneel amp model KM-207 yes its a 4 channel amp but its also 200 watts per channel as well and i get great sound from it . i also have the pc hooked to a home theater system yamaha RX-v559 6.1 set up and it sounds awsome to me some day ill get enought kenwood amps to power all channesl but some day perhaps

1 - 11 of 11 Posts