Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All-

I am a newb to posting here, have read a great deal and learned a lot, too!

I have a pair or AMX CA10 displays that I would like to find a use for. I am looking for recommendations and ideas as well as instructions when that time comes.

If I should post this in a different forum, please let me know that, too!

Thank you!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They have 1 RS232 port, a 12vdc 1.5a plug, and a 4-pin AXlink plug labeled gnd, axm, axp and pwr.

I figure I will have to get an axcent or a netlinx controller, but was unsure which way to go...

Thanks for your input, too!

-John

·
Registered
7 Posts
Get a netlinx controller. I'm pretty sure the NI-700 has an axlink port (to talk to the ca10's), just no ICSnet if i remember correctly. The controller nets you an rs-232 port, an ir port, and ethernet port, as well as IR input and a control relay.

Using the ethernet port you can get two way control of a media PC, or a number of other products. The rs-232 is good for matrix switchers, receivers, and TVs. The IR can control your dvd player, cable/sat box, or really whatever you can get IR codes for.

Just remember that the CA-10 is a legacy product at this point, all the new amx stuff is ethernet based. Any modules you download for hardware will need to be rewritten to work with the simpler CA-10 gui.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just a follow up on my last post, AXlink is a shared bus 2 wire interface, probably a proprietary knock-off of RS-480. The other two wires are for 12volt power. You can link 2000+ feet of wire together in parallel (same as phone wiring) with up to the max supported devices.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts