Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,794 Posts
I have a Panamorph UH-480 lens and a Panasonic ae8000 projector. I am trying to figure out for a 150" 16x9 image if i am better off putting the projector as close as possible to the screen or leave it on my back wall shelf which is about 19' from the screen.

I am also thinking of making a sled that would allow me to adjust the projector distance...using 2 linear slide 6' long tracks, and 4 bearings. These would run from the rear wall 6' toward the screen, so I could even get a different projector down the road without having to drill more holes in our ceiling. Once the rails are installed I would attach a plate to the bearings and mount a short piece of pipe to suspend the projector a few inches (or use a thick platform). I would then add 4 more bearings and run a pair of 2' long rails running parallel to the screen for mounting the lens. By doing this I could slide the lens out of the way too. The advantage I have now with the lens is I can go from 180" diagonal (scope) without the lens to 195" diagonal (scope) with the lens. Last night i watched Avatar with the lens mounted on a shelf, and I was blown away with the clarity, and the additional 15" of image.

How does this sound...good idea or not?

·
Registered
27 Posts
140" 2.35 Draper .85 gain screen
Panny AX100 720p pj
Panamorph U85 lense
Darbee 5000
Seating distance to first row: 9 ft
Throw distance from pj to screen: 20 ft
Room: (H/W/L) 8'X12'X20'

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I'm new to this forum and just wanted to share my info.

Room: 18'x35'

Screen: 155" diag 2.40 motorized Acoustically Transparent

Projector: Sony VPL-VW1100ES

Anamorphic Scaling: Lumagen Radiance Pro 4k

Seating Distance: 17.5'

61 - 67 of 67 Posts