Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I just found this site a few weeks back, and have been lurking since......It looks to be a very cool site to discuss my HT needs with others. My wife doesn't understand me??:dontknow:

At this time, I am putting my daughter through college and trying to support my HT addiction at the same time. I've been an old customer of SVS. and truly believe they are a great company to deal with. I could go on and on about me, but I just would like to take this moment to say "YO" from "Ohio".

Oh yea, one more thing..... My job has me bouncing all over northeast Ohio, but, for the past 6 months, I have been working about 10 mins. from SVS manufacturing plant!:neener: I consider myself lucky, but putting daughter through college = I MUST RESIST, I MUST RESIST!!!

Have a good day all!!

Colin G.

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
Hi Colin,... welcome to the Shack.

My wife goes along pretty good, she deals with the large floorstanders, and the big (14"H x 16"W x 8.5"D) Bi-Di surrounds hanging on the walls,... the only thing she really doesn't like is when I pull out the SPL meter and start generating test tones. :ponder: dunno why??? :devil:

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Hello Colin and welcome to the Shack!

Heehee... my wife sent me to the garage... literally! Funny thing is, I had to have her permission to go. :scratch: Then she only gave me half of it. :huh:

We are building up quite a group of folks from Ohio... wonder if someone is running an ad in the newspaper up there for us.

Glad to have ya and look forward to hangin' out with ya.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks to all for the warm welcome:T I'm looking forward to meeting some new (maybe some old) HT friends. I sure could use some advice on my next purchase, a BFD equalizer to control one, possibly two subs. I'll do some research here on this site before posting a bunch of stupid questions. Sometimes I feel a little "technically challenged",:scratchhead: , so be patient please.....

Anyhow, ya'll have a great day, and once again, thanks for the welcome!!

-Colin G.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
I think the one thing you'll realize here is we don't really think of any questions as stupid.. well okay... maybe there are a few, but we won't intimidate you or humiliate you because of them. We welcome the simple questions and the most complicated ones too. Just don't ask me the complicated ones... I'll run! heehee

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Colin G. said:
...Oh yea, one more thing..... My job has me bouncing all over northeast Ohio, but, for the past 6 months, I have been working about 10 mins. from SVS manufacturing plant!:neener: I consider myself lucky, but putting daughter through college = I MUST RESIST, I MUST RESIST!!!
Resistance is futile...

Hello Colin,
Look at it this way - college loans can be paid later - a new subwoofer you can enjoy now.

My kids taught me that (they must be right - they have the degree's).;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts