Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

121 - 133 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Rodny Alvarez said:
I used PPG paint just Ford black and Ommni clear by PPG.
Router bit 1 1/4
good luck on your project:T
Thanks for the luck I'll need it haha. Great choice of product. I have ppg on my last car I built. Gotta love that omni clear. Once again great job bro!!!

·
Senior Shackster , Platinum Supporter
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #124

·
Registered
116 Posts
Thanks! I need to buy a 1/2" collet for my router. I have no clue where its gone

·
Registered
272 Posts
hi Rodny, really really stunning, my respect again :hail:. I wanted to ask you how does it sound? The box is tuned to 21Hz and with room response it should go down to 17-18Hz, does it reach those desirable frequencies with respectable sound output?

·
Senior Shackster , Platinum Supporter
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
hi Rodny, really really stunning, my respect again :hail:. I wanted to ask you how does it sound? The box is tuned to 21Hz and with room response it should go down to 17-18Hz, does it reach those desirable frequencies with respectable sound output?
It sounds good on a small room with pretty decent output, when I was listening to the sub in my living room did not have allot of output but it sounded good on low volume, my living room opens to the dinning room and the kitchen (lot of air space to fill).

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I'll throw my $0.02 in here as well and agree with Rodny. Mine sounds great in a small-mid sized room. It is able to go pretty low, and doesn't run out of steam until close to reference volume. I think my build could have been planned a bit better, and if you design for it you could get some more safe volume out of one.

·
Registered
272 Posts
... I think my build could have been planned a bit better, and if you design for it you could get some more safe volume out of one.
What kind of design have you Owen, what could be improved? I mean tuned to 20, 21Hz gives you F3 about 17Hz and with room response it will reach 13-14Hz or even 1-2Hz lower. This starts to sound like a stunning performance. Cone displacement or the lack of it loves big enclosures, in this case 80 literts for 20hz tune(Vas is 53 Liters).

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Velti, you can see my build thread in my sig. I wanted to keep this a pretty small sub, and that compromised output. I also had a few issues with the port and had to make some adaptations. If I paid more attention to WinISD and designed around excursion limits and port air speed I think the sub would have looked a little different and perform better. Not that it's bad in its current state, just that I left some gains on the table. It is a great driver... well built and capable of really impressive performance.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I totally agree and i did the same decision of making a smaller enclosure for a dayton reference RSS265HF-4 and those drivers begin to breathe deep when a bit lower tuned, now i working on a new enclosure

·
Registered
12 Posts
awesome build ..i would love to try out this build for my sdx 10..do you have any specs you can send me for this build..wanting to see what this 10 will do..:):hsd:

121 - 133 of 133 Posts