Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to Fello HT shack members,
Joseph Kendall here from australia.
After reading a number of threads I realise there is a good australian following on here.
I'm happy to join this forum, a few of you will recognize me from other forums as i keep the same username (pending availability of course).

Just a bit about me: Into photography, Car audio, 2ch hifi, home theatre/cinema systems,
Work as an IT support analyst and graphic designer.

Current Cinema Setup (as we are on the HT forum and all)
Velodyne HGS-18 18" 1250watt rms Sub
CAVX 7ch speakers, custom made by mark techer, Line array fronts, di-pole rears and rear sides
Onkyo TX-SR800 7.1ch THX cert Reciever (pre/amplifier)
3 x Parasound HCA-1000 2 ch power amplifiers.
Sony VPD-MX10 DLP Projector
Solid projector screen wood surround, treated glass coated fabric, (Custom Made)
NAD dvd player T524+ Remote in original box/packaging
*The NAD in itself is a great cd player for quality music.
Furman Power Sequencer
HDTV Tuner LG LST-5100P

I have a dedicated theatre room which was a lounge room but as I am renting this house I am restricted from doing room alterations :(

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the welcomes :)
I live in redbank plains, about 25minutes south west of the city and work in milton,
But might be moving to wollongong 1 hour south of sydney soon.
Seems like a lot of activity on this forum with a lot of good threads to read, here we come work proctrastination :p haha

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Hi Joseph, Welcome to the Shack

Enjoy your stay with us.

·
Premium Member
8,367 Posts
Thanks for the welcomes :)
I live in redbank plains, about 25minutes south west of the city and work in milton,
But might be moving to wollongong 1 hour south of sydney soon.
I lived at Mitchelton for a few years and then moved to Wavell heights.
Wollongong is very nice I believe..:T

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Prof..
Home Theatre....The never ending story!
ah how true is your signature! :hissyfit:
no where near happy with the system, looking at a 1080p projector, making new speaker stands and on and on the list goes.

·
Premium Member
8,367 Posts
Ah!.. but how wonderful is it when you get to open a new "present" with an upgrade!!

I've had 3 "presents" in the last few months..
A new projector..a Blu-ray player.. and a new HD set top box..:yay: :bigsmile:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well a change in living arrangements have impacted on my "present to self" fund, and other issue is having too many hobbies with which to spread funds accross, maybe i should just stick to 1 at a time haha won't happen, when you enjoy electronics, car audio, home theatre, 2ch hifi and photography each one of those u could spend infinate amounts of money alone and still never be completely satissified, searching for the pot at the end of the rainbow which will never be reached

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
Welcome blackfox. Have fun. Dennis (NICE equipment!)

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Welcome to Home Theater Shack!

Howdy do partner and welcome to the Shack!

Come on in and take ya hat off... stay awhile... :T

·
Premium Member
8,367 Posts
well a change in living arrangements have impacted on my "present to self" fund, and other issue is having too many hobbies with which to spread funds accross, maybe i should just stick to 1 at a time haha won't happen, when you enjoy electronics, car audio, home theatre, 2ch hifi and photography each one of those u could spend infinate amounts of money alone and still never be completely satissified, searching for the pot at the end of the rainbow which will never be reached
Hahaha!!..I likewise was into photography, car racing, electronics, 2ch.hifi and finally home theatre!!
But not all at the same time...That's really stretching things trying do all of them at the same time!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts