Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guess I should introduce myself as Mike and and THX have given so much help already ?

I am in the middle of a basement development ~ 1125 sq ft ... games room, bedroom/gym, bathroom and home theatre

Delta FL subfloor with 5/8 OSB installed, framing complete, HVAC rerouted, electrical roughed in, low power cables " almost complete ", insulation for ceiling/interior walls to arrive next week, electrician to install subpanel and energize plugs/lights right after, RSIC clips on order and arriving next week, drywall - getting a deal from a good friend

acoustics/soundproofing all planned out

CSS SDX15 sub build to proceed between basement development jobs/work/life LOL

Lots of work ahead ... enjoying every minute of it ... tons of help received here and AVS so far

Thanks

Steve

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Welcome to Home Theater Shack!

Howdy there ScruffyHT and welcome to the Shack!

We hope you find yourself hanging with us regularly... :T

Sonnie

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks fellas ... it has been fun so far ... had 2 HVAC guys come over to consult/quote on moving some main trunk lines that were taking up too much space in the ceiling of my future home theatre ... neither knew what they were doing or offered a solution till I sat " staring at the ceiling " for days till it dawned on me how to make it all work ... then they quoted me $1000.00 !!! to do what took me $100.00 in materials and 6 hours by myself to do :)

Roughed in gas line for BBQ and garage heater ... may as well do that now or regret it later ... that did cost a couple bucks

Soundproofing was a concern ... so RSIC clips/hat channel/DD/GG or PROSPEC Decibel Drop ( getting a quote to compare to GG ) will hopefully keep the bass in the room and the sound of footfalls on the hardwood above out of the room :)

Keeping the sound contained inside the games room and home theatre are a major concern as I am a night owl and the rest of the family are not :)

I will definately document the sub(s) build and end result as Mike and THX have been a huge help so far

Thanks for the welcome and hope to contribute where I can

Cheers

Steve

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Hi Steve, Welcome to the Shack from your neighbor to the North!

Enjoy your stay with us.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts