Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I have been unemployed since January. A neighbor blessed us with this tv and it worked fine for a few months but recently it just messed up by doing a few things. Since we cannot afford much at the time, I would like to try to fix this myself. I have repaired computers for years now. In tough and tight times like this, it was such a blessing to have an HDTV (our first), I would love to try to get this running again.

Setup:
Model: HLR5067WAX/xaa
Cable Box/DVR plugged in using HDMI
DVD player plugged into Component 1
Wii plugged into AV1

Symptoms:
I had the Cable Box/DVR plugged in using Component cables but then all the sudden the non-HD channels started doing the Green Plaid issue. HD seemed fine. Programs recorded on the DVR that were non-HD did green screen too.
I got a cheep HDMI cable and used it for the DVR. HD works fine (as before) and for a brief moment non-HD worked but then it stopped later that day. It shows the message "Not Supported Mode"
AV1, AV2, & Composite 1 shows green screen.

What I have done:
Unplugged and replugged the cord in.
Opened the back up and dust sprayed it out.
User Reset in service menu
Ran through all the Test patterns using service menu.
[mode:HDMI] DDP1011 -> TEST PATTERN ->all good.
[mode:HDMI] DNIe -> TEST PATTERN ->all good.
[mode:AV1] DDP1011 -> TEST PATTERN ->all good.
[mode:AV1] DNIe -> TEST PATTERN ->all good.
[mode:Composite 1] DDP1011 -> TEST PATTERN ->all good .
[mode:Composite 1] DNIe -> TEST PATTERN ->all good .

What should I do next? Any ideas on what could be the cause?

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Sounds like a digital board is the most likely problem. Look for a used one if you are trying to do it as cheap as possible.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
The "digital" board is the most likely problem. You should refer to the service literature from the manufacturer for your model for part numbers, not rely upon the comments of other posters for the precise information. I do not recall part numbers for individual models. We have seen enough problems with getting the right parts over many years of servicing to know that in each case it is best to go do the research to get the right part numbers. This is particularly true with Samsung. In many cases it is impossible to get the right boards without access to their service web site, but you can usually get them from the service manual or perhaps from their parts web site.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts