Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm Steve from the Netherlands.

I'm very much into dual-concentric. I've been a recording engineer for most of my life, but now I'm making my own music and mixing in stereo + 5.1/6.1/7.1 .

·
Premium Member
8,112 Posts
Hello,
Steve, welcome to HomeTheaterShack. So glad that you have joined us.
Cheers,
JJ

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Hello Steve, Welcome aboard

Enjoy your stay with us.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi there Tony,

I see you're into trains. So is my older brother. Ever since my dad retired, he's back into miniature trains. We've been to the biggest european miniature trainmuseum in Hamburg. If you ever go to Europe, I can highly recommend a visit. (I'm not allowed to post a url just yet, so you'll have to wait a bit).

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Nice to have you here, Steve. Welcom to The Shack!

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
Welcome Steve. Have fun. Dennis

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Hi there Tony,

I see you're into trains. So is my older brother. Ever since my dad retired, he's back into miniature trains. We've been to the biggest european miniature trainmuseum in Hamburg. If you ever go to Europe, I can highly recommend a visit. (I'm not allowed to post a url just yet, so you'll have to wait a bit).
Yup, Trains are a hobby of mine. If I had the space I would love to set up a model railroad. Actually my parents immigrated from Holland in the 50's and I have been to the Netherlands back in 1987 and really enjoyed my stay.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
at all the mods: Thank You for having me.

at Tony: I read some of your messages to another Tannoy enthousiast who recently joined. I on the other hand have family in Canada (close to Toronto). Only my dad has visited there until now. But Canada is on my list of places to visit. I imagine it must be somewhat like Sweden/Norway/parts-of-Russia. At our volleyballteam we'e also hosted a Canadian team about two years ago. Their captain also had Dutch roots. I've helped him locate family that they've lost since after World War II.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I got some error messages when I posted my 1st drafts of the above post. 1st I thought it was my abbreviation of World War 2 (but that only uses 2 w's) ; then I discovered it was the "at"-sign. I didn't use it to write an e-mailaddress, but just to point out whom I was addressing. I find this rather odd behaviour since it is quite common to write like this on forums I've posted on sofar. Will it stay this way? Or just during my 1st 5 posts?

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
at all the mods: Thank You for having me.

at Tony: I read some of your messages to another Tannoy enthousiast who recently joined. I on the other hand have family in Canada (close to Toronto). Only my dad has visited there until now. But Canada is on my list of places to visit. I imagine it must be somewhat like Sweden/Norway/parts-of-Russia. At our volleyballteam we'e also hosted a Canadian team about two years ago. Their captain also had Dutch roots. I've helped him locate family that they've lost since after World War II.
Were you able to get in touch with the captains family?
My home city (Edmonton) has a very large Dutch community. I work at a small University here and we have about 30% of the student body and staff who are of Dutch background.
If you ever come to visit Canada just remember that it is a very large country and if you want to see it all you will need at least two months. Holland will fit in the province of Alberta 12 times alone and we only have a population of 3.5 million. We have every kind of terrain from mountains and parries (close to Edmonton) to desert, wetlands and old growth forest.

With regards to you error it will most likely be ok now as you have your 5 posts.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts