Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having trouble getting the rew to calibrate my soundblaster live external. My comp. has vista 64 and I have downloaded the latest drivers but when I run rew I can't select anything for it will only let me select default and the vol. is .50 with out being adjustable when I run measure the right input level is -11 and the output is -3. Here is the graph I get when it is finished.
graphs.jpg
is this workable or is there someting else I can do. Also I forgot to mention that the output mixer volume box can not be selected but the input can which allows me to control the volume level

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Looks good to me ...:yes:

Just save the soundcardfile in the computer so REW can compensate the measurements when need it ...:T.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok I'll do that, I just thought that since the input was not within 3 dbs of the output like it tells you it should be that it would not work

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I am having trouble getting the rew to calibrate my soundblaster live external. My comp. has vista 64 and I have downloaded the latest drivers but when I run rew I can't select anything for it will only let me select default and the vol. is .50 with out being adjustable when I run measure the right input level is -11 and the output is -3. Here is the graph I get when it is finished.
View attachment 11244
is this workable or is there someting else I can do. Also I forgot to mention that the output mixer volume box can not be selected but the input can which allows me to control the volume level
That is what I use also. The default should be the correct one. Actually you should not have to select anything in REW unless you want to adjust the input level of the mic there. All of the volume adjustments are done in the Windows Mixer or the Mixer at the speaker icon in the system tray that controls the level of each application. You need to restart the computer first time it is installed and make sure you plug in the sound card before starting REW but looks like you are getting there.

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
I can't select anything for it will only let me select default
Yeah, this is normal when using Vista.

No problem though, when using Vista, you make all your adjustments directly with the Windows Record and Playback mixers. They call them devices now, but no big deal.

Simply right click on the speaker icon in your desktop system tray and select PlayBack or Record Devices and all your selections are available.

Click through the tabs etc as shown in the examples below.....

Select the Mixer from the System Tray
VISTA Select Devices.JPG

Recording Mixer
VISTA Record Line-in level.JPG

Playback Mixer (be sure to mute line-in)
Vista Playback Mixer1.jpg

Anyway, you get the idea..

brucek

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all sorry I didn't get back sooner but after spending about a day and half I thought I better pay attention to the family alittle. Made some adjustments that I'm not sure I like yet I a have an emotiva lms and a qsc plx2402. I have always had to have the sub gain up high and the speakers cut back to get the sub level up and after doing the cal. adjustments it seems I have lost some output. I was thinking about trying to paly around with adding gain to bring the valleys up to the peaks rather than putting in neg. gain but I think that will be difficult. Anyway when I get some more time I will put some graphs up for you all to see. Thanks again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts