Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all - I've just started having another crack at REW but I'm now constantly getting the error msg "The impulse peak is not where it should be...." whenever I run sweep tones for my sub and mains. It was back in August I last had a play with REW and never had this problem. Nothing has changed in my software and hardware setup in that time. I found a thread started by a chap named sebastian who had a similar problem a few years ago and it was related to sampling rate mismatches.
Here's my setup - MacOS 10.6, REW V5.01beta20, Soundflower, Linein, UMIK-1 mic with calib. file, miniDSP. In Audio MIDI the mic sampling rate is 48Khz (can't change it to 44khz), Soundflower and Output Device are both set to 48Khz. Input level of the mic is set to .32 as per REW instructions. Linein has the UMIK-1 as input and Soundflower as output.
In REW prefs, sample rate is set to 48Khz and input and output devices are both DEFAULT. Now I know the sample rate should be set to 44.1Khz but if I do that, REW does not register any input levels when the tones are run - even the SPL meter shows nothing. But, if I set the sample rate to 44.1Khz and the Input Device to Soundflower, I do get readings but no matter what I try in adjusting sampling rates between 44.1Khz and 48Khz in Audio MIDI and/or REW, I will always get the "Impulse peak is not where it should be...." msg. In the past I'm pretty sure the REW sample rate was 48Khz and input and output devices were DEFAULT and I never had this problem. FWIW, here's a jpeg of the IR from my mains (hope it's formatted ok coz I took it before reading the "How to post graphs" thread....sorry about that). One last thing - the error msg also mentions if any clicks or pops were heard - most definitely YES! When running sweep tones thru the mains, it sounds like there's a metronome inside them! Same for the sub but not quite so audible. Thoughts?
Thanks guys.

MainsIRDec302015.jpg

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Tried gain today and now it's working fine! Either the EQ gods have taken pity on me or maybe it was by reducing the level from -12dBFS to -20 dBFS in the Measurement window that did the trick. No idea why but I'm now getting consistently clean measurements. All the aforementioned clicks and pops have also disappeared.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts