Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my name is Andy. I'm from northeast Indiana, but am currently deployed overseas. I'm glad I found this forum.
To keep it short, upon my return I plan on finally getting a decent home theater setup started. I have what I would consider a low-moderate knowledge of audio, having built a couple pairs of speakers- my current stereo setup consists of a Pioneer VSX-1017 powering two Magna Cum Laude speakers (Parts Express project page design). I am looking at building a five-channel setup utilizing Curt Campbell's Tritrix design- from what I have read, people enjoy them for the price, and Parts Express has the kit form pretty cheap. As far as the low end extension, I was looking at going with a Sound Splinter RL-P18 powered by an EP-2500.
I just got my first house a few weeks ago, and the last time I set foot in it was when I was still browsing around for houses before my deployment. I believe I have around a 15x20' main living room, with an attached nook (used to be a bedroom, about 15x10') to work with. The two possible combinations for sub installation are to build an in-wall LLT setup, or copy an 'ottoman sub' design by a gentleman from Norway on here (I'm sorry sir, your name escapes me).

Sorry for the long introduction. I figured I might as well throw it all out there. I would appreciate any advice you all might have to guide me towards the right direction, and thanks again for what appears to be a great forum.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Hello Andy, Welcome aboard the Shack!

You've com the the right place for information on DIY and I am sure you will find all the help you need.

Enjoy your stay with us.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the quick replies. No, I was not aware that the RL-P18 was out of stock for awhile. Not good news for my project.

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
Welcome Andy. have fun. Dennis

1 - 8 of 8 Posts