·
Elite Shackster
7,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Elite Shackster
7,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After a bit of getting used to the programme and tweaking the system I managed to end up with this result:

heres my final graph. At this point I think I need to run Audy again but I cant find my mic ( A friend brought along is mic to do the initial setup, mine is misplaced :duh:) so that will have to wait till another day.

Heres where Im upto now. It should be obvious which line is what so I'll not point that out, but I think Ive not done bad. PEQ on the sub is setup to try reduce te 60hz peak but is having little effect and I'll explain why I think this is in a min. Audy is on. 60hz X over, room comp engaged.

[URL=http://img8.imageshack.us/my.php?image=peqs.jpg][/URL].

It looks to me like Audyssey is compensating for any cuts I'm trying to make to the 60hz peak via the speakers. The only way to sort this is to re-run audy but I cant just now. I'm not going to turn it off because for now results are best with it on, but you should be getting the vibe I think I can do better :smashin:

Anyone who knows their stuff - its your time to shine :yay:

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
Sorry that no-one commented.

I usually try and get to all the posts where I feel they need the help with using REW and perhaps they don't have a good grasp of the whole calibration process. Only so much time in the day. :)

You obviously know what you're doing, so I left your post for other members to comment. I guess they couldn't find any problems, so your post didn't get much play.

I have no experience with Audyssey, and find that there is a camp that champions the EQ before Audyssey, and then the other side claims you should use Audyssey first and then EQ. Myself, I would say to use the AutoEQ system first, and then use your manual PEQ (or BFD) to clean it up.

brucek

·
Elite Shackster
7,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats actually very reassuring to hear. Ive moved my sub to a new position now though, when I get chance I'll post my new graph for a bit of a comparison.

Cheers Brucek

1 - 6 of 6 Posts