Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 1124 on it's way to help me dial in (EQ wise) a pair of BFM Table Tubas. Searching this site, manuals and some Google work, I can't seem to find an answer to this question... Can an 1124 be set up to provide a High Pass Filter for these subs, or do I need to look at other alternatives? I recall running into something called shelf filters on the 1124. Can I use these (shelf filters) for this (HFP dutiy)?

Just getting into this area and need a little direction please....

TIA!

NCDaveD

·
Super Moderator
5,869 Posts
Most, if not all, of the Behringer crossovers you can set a 20hz and up Hpass. And with filters you can boost or decrease the signal lower.

I believe the TT is a 25hz horn so you could set the Hpass at 20hz but the TT does not need a Hpass because of its sealed chamber.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your reply :). You are very close in that the TT is a 30Hz horn, but the chamber is not sealed and Bill recommends a 30Hz highpass. Now I just have to figure out how to set the 1124 up for this filter.... Any ideas where I can find this info?

NCDaveD

·
Super Moderator
9,242 Posts

The 1124 is an equalizer, not a crossover, and it doesn’t have any high- or low-pass filters (although a lot of equalizers do). That said, you can “wrangle” a facsimile of a high-pass, but it’s pretty messy. You’d have to dial in a broad 20 Hz filter with a really deep cut, to adequately attenuate response beyond the limits of the system. Then you’d have to apply a bunch of other filters to “restore” everything above 20 Hz that the first filter wiped out.

Bottom line, it’s best to go with a different equalizer if you need a HP, or an outboard device to accomplish that.

Regards,
Wayne

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wayne, thank you very much for your reply. Messy indeed. Perhaps my best bet is to look at alternatives like minidsp or a 2496.

NCDaveD

1 - 5 of 5 Posts