Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for looking at my graph in advance. I'm getting used to using REW, it's an amazing program really. I can't believe it's free! Some background. My room is shaped like an "L" with the HT on the bottom leg. I have a false wall built that hides the fronts and sub, which is an SVS. The fronts and sub are back against a cement wall. I'm trying to decide if I need a BFD or if some simple room treatments will help. I'm new to audio so please let me know if I need to include any other info.

Thanks again!

-akajester

basement-before3.jpg

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
A BFD could very easily lower the area as shown in the pic below. That lower bandwidth peak would not likely be affected by any treatment...

You're listening to that peak at 35Hz right now and it will tend to lower your perception of the signal that extends below that.

basement-before3.jpg

brucek

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks guys, I've thought that the room sounds pretty decent as is but I want to do everything I can to improve it. The sub sounds a little out of control at times. The response just doesn't seem even or smooth and I think this graph proves what I'm hearing. I think if the BFD could help this I should get it. Or would moving the sub help this?

Here's a layout of the basement, it's pretty close to reality. Speakers are marked in black.

Thanks alot for the help!

BasementFinishingV4b.jpg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts