Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a Creative X-fi.

Turned all the like EAX etc off.
Turned up my Line-in levels through the creative console.
Do not have mic cal file loaded.
I have a 3.5mm stereo to rca from my l/r channel on sound card then I connect a rca-to-3.5mm mono adapter onto the red rca and plug it into the line in/microphone.
I have the input set to line-in.

I'd appreciate any help. Hope I included enough info.

Thanks,

Mike

EDIT: WOW I'm so dumb. I was running normal sweeps................. I'll leave this thread up if I have any problems now!

Now I'm getting this :

EDIT: DID IT!!!

Ok my new problem is when I hook up my rca cables to the front of my AVR I get a buzzing sound. It isn't the cables and isn't the AVR although I don't get it on my computer speakers.

EDIT: Think it's a ground loop and it's much more subtle on my computer speakers but I have it to a very low noise level so I don't think it should impact my graphs

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK so I think I have the hang of this now but I don't know why my high end is rolling off like this? I'm using a Galaxy 140 and the .cal file for it. I'm just doing the mains full range right now.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
The accuracy of the Galaxy is still not very good above 10K (better than the Radio shack but still not great)

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
You should adjust your graph grid so that its only from about 40Hz up to about 15K Hz and then take another reading. Turn on smoothing as well that will give you a beter idea as to what is needing adjustment. What speakers are you using for your mains?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK I'll do that next. Although I have 1/12 smoothing on there, I'm not sure what I should use for FR, 1/6?

I'm using Monitor Audio GS10s. I actually found out through REW I should plug their ports as they lower that 50hz bump a bit and reduce the 50hz decay too. Now I don't get as much as the crazy boominess anymore when ever there is bass.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
That hump is more than likely room acoustics and placement of your speakers will help dramaticly. Do you have room to play around with the positioning of the GS10s?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I actually have moved the speakers around a bit but no real luck. If I move my seating position up I can eliminate it but then I'm like 4 feet from the TV :p. I think for now the plugs have made that mode a lot less unwieldy than it used to be.

Thanks again,

Mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts