Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here's a graph that I got from my room's response. now my question is, what do i do? Did I do the test correctly? Sorry this is my first time using REW. (but no stranger to home audio)( I did a full-range sweep for as long as I could set REW for.)

Attachments

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
Looks fine, as long as you loaded the meter calibration file for your specific case, and also did a soundcard calibration.

A couple of points.

For subwoofers always use the standard Vertical graph axis of (45dB - 105dB) and the Horizontal graph axis of (15Hz - 200Hz) using the Graph Limits button in the top right corner of REW.

For full range (as yours is) use the standard Vertical graph axis of (45dB - 105dB) and the Horizontal graph axis of (15Hz - upper limits you desire, i.e 20KHZ - certainly no higher than your soundcard can extend).
For full range enable smoothing to eliminate the comb filtering. Use a 1/3 octave smoothing.

brucek

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I'll load up another instance later on and fiddle a bit more with it. I have to say though, that my reciever only has very limited adjustments as far as frequency goes. For instance i want to boost the 1-2k region a bit, but i have to choose between 400hz and 6k...are there 5 channel eq's that one can buy?

It does sound REALLY good right now, though!

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
Hard to tell from the poor scaling that you're using, but I'd be mostly concerned about the peak at 70Hz.

Also be sure to set a target level of 75dBSPL for your measurements. You're way too high at 90dB.

brucek

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
every time i'm setting the spl up, it says "level is too low" so i keep raising it. i'm certain im doing something incorrect though.. Also, the peak is at 80 :)

·
Registered
486 Posts
every time i'm setting the spl up, it says "level is too low" so i keep raising it.
When it says "level" it does not mean volume. Don't get them mixed up. There should be separate adjustment where you can increase the "level" of the input signal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts