Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine asked me about recommending a surround system for his apartment. He has a budget of around $300-$400. He wants surround sound. I don`t know myself much about HTiB as I have never had that. My own setup is of Polk AM tower speakers with Polk center and surrounds and Yamaha AVR. But same setup is beyond his budget.
From what I found, I shortlisted these systems - >

So what you guys think, which system would be best out of these or any other that I might not be aware of. Also he was very interested in a bose 2.1 system but I discouraged from it. But would it makes sense to buy a $300 bose system with 2.1 setup?

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
I recommend this Onkyo HTIB. its a better system all around than any of the others.
Stay away from any Bose system as you pay little for quality and alot for the name.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Yes, in a way better because its been gone through and tested. Refurbished can also simply be over stock or a store return never used.

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
I'll + Tony's nod here, and just add that my company does refurb work sometimes and as tony said, it can be for many reasons from not functioning at all to an opened box to check the items color. Going through a product a 2nd time can potentially make it better. Also, any money spent on bose, imo would be simply to destroy it and rid the world of some overpriced junk. Just my opinion.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts