Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am replacing my painted on screen and would like to consider going acoustically transparent. However, I want a grey, not white, screen and I'm having a hard time finding options. I can go DIY or buy a manufactured screen. Just need to keep cost to $500-750.

Screen will be fixed frame, 2.35:1, 120" or so diagonal.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Draper makes a surface called the Clearsound NanoPerf. It's a .8 gain AT screen with very small perforations for use with higher resolution projectors and closer seating distances. It's one of the most popular AT surfaces for home theater that I sell.

ClearSound NanoPerf XT800V

Microscopic perforations in the fabric create an acoustically transparent surface that does not compromise audio quality when speakers are placed behind the screen, while providing a beautiful image.

The projected image is gorgeous, with a full 180° viewing cone and accurate color reproduction. Ideal for home theatre. Not recommended for use in sizes less than 80” wide.

ClearSound Family: All surfaces in the ClearSound family are acoustically transparent. Standard and microscopic perforations are available, and the innovative woven acoustically transparent fabrics—first available through Draper—are also still in the line. The combination of self-supporting and tensioned surfaces means that almost any Draper projection screen model can be provided with a ClearSound surface.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Draper makes a surface called the Clearsound NanoPerf. It's a .8 gain AT screen with very small perforations for use with higher resolution projectors and closer seating distances. It's one of the most popular AT surfaces for home theater that I sell.

ClearSound NanoPerf XT800V

Microscopic perforations in the fabric create an acoustically transparent surface that does not compromise audio quality when speakers are placed behind the screen, while providing a beautiful image.

The projected image is gorgeous, with a full 180° viewing cone and accurate color reproduction. Ideal for home theatre. Not recommended for use in sizes less than 80” wide.

ClearSound Family: All surfaces in the ClearSound family are acoustically transparent. Standard and microscopic perforations are available, and the innovative woven acoustically transparent fabrics—first available through Draper—are also still in the line. The combination of self-supporting and tensioned surfaces means that almost any Draper projection screen model can be provided with a ClearSound surface.

Does Draper have the screen size I need that will fit within my budget (see original post)?

·
Banned
14,914 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts