Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
I'm pretty sure Mark Seaton uses modified/custom amps from that company, so they're legit.

edit: beaten to the punch by Zeitgeist

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:scratch: i'm guessing no one here has mentioned them much due to the price..........

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
heres one.................. different companies have plate amps built into the enclosures. how do they get these plate amps?? can one us individuaks call bash, o-audio or some other company and order a 500 - 900 watt plate amp with features that we want?

·
Banned
85 Posts
I have the PWR-DSP1 from miniDSP.

http://www.minidsp.com/onlinestore/detail/17-plate-amplifiers/flypage/79-pwr-dsp1?sef=hcfp

I will be finding out if it does 4000Watt peaks :D

I only use pro amps because of their cheap raw power. We can get 4000W/ch clone LapGruppen amps out of China for about $900. We can buy Marathon 5050 (4000W bridged) for around $750 shipped. The famous Berhinger EP4000 are < $400 for 2000Watts.

This PWR-DSP was $1K but it has the full MiniDSP functionality in it which makes it a $750 4000Watt peak amp to me (if it measures well enough). Not much different then the Marathon 5050.

Outside of the Watts/$$$ everything else is better for me, its 10lbs, its not an ugly brute, its silent and it does not take up rack space.

Im just waiting on power cables (Speakon types) and I will have testing vs my EP4000 and Crest 4400.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts