Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to get an acrylic sub enclosure made but the companies require a technical drawing to be able to help.. i anyone skilled with such things that could help me out with a drawing?

I am after a 350mm cube with a cut on the face for a peerless xls 10, a cut for a peerless xls10 pasive on the bottom and a cut on the back for a keiga kg5150 - then the four edges running front to back rounded over... all in 20mm material.

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
Dan,

Sorry to jump in on this thread. I have been trying to work out sketchup with not alot of luck. I am after a dual Maelstorm 18" opposite sealed sub with dimensions of 36" long by 24" wide and 30" high.

Don't suppose you could wip me up a quick drawing. Please, pretty please. :praying:

cheers

Graham

·
Registered
68 Posts
:spend::spend::spend:
Thanks, but no thanks.
I will say the idea of a see through box is tempting. However, they rarely turn out as cool as they look as a drawing. The seams always look $hitty. Your best bet IMO is a bent acrylic peice for the top and sides bonded to a Birch ply shell with the drivers amp and feet, stain the shell to your color preference:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Dan,

Sorry to jump in on this thread. I have been trying to work out sketchup with not alot of luck. I am after a dual Maelstorm 18" opposite sealed sub with dimensions of 36" long by 24" wide and 30" high.

Don't suppose you could wip me up a quick drawing. Please, pretty please. :praying:

cheers

Graham
Watch a couple tutorials: http://sketchup.google.com/training/videos.html

Your box is extremely easy, only three major components. This is a prime learning expirence, don't give up before you get started.

Here is the first peice:
(r)
draw a small rectangle
36,24 (return)
(p)
click and hold, over surface and pull up a little, release the mouse button
.75 (return)

:jump:
congratulations you just drew the first peice of the box

That'll be $10:rofl2:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Every panel of the box should be made into a component. This allows you to move and copy with ease. If you make a copy of a component and want to alter it to be different than the others you need to make it unique. Right click and select Make Unique.

Watch another video.....

Then once you are addicted.... get a Space Navigator PE

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
Hi guys,

Thanks for the response. I have been watching the video tutorials over the last two days until 12.30pm at night.
Just out of interest does it matter how the bracing is done. I was thinking of two braces across the width and one along the length but its how I do it which I am trying to figure out. I was thinking of maybe doing it in a way that you slot the two width braces into the long brace. Does that sound like a good idea.
Also when doing holes in the braces does it make any difference to the sound or is it purely just so that the air can move around the box.

cheers

Graham

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:spend::spend::spend:
Thanks, but no thanks.
I will say the idea of a see through box is tempting. However, they rarely turn out as cool as they look as a drawing. The seams always look $hitty. Your best bet IMO is a bent acrylic peice for the top and sides bonded to a Birch ply shell with the drivers amp and feet, stain the shell to your color preference:

that sure does look pretty :daydream: and cost will be significantly lower.....

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the best quote I have so far including shipping to the UK is from Bobby Gately.. and his work does seem excellent fomr the web site. All the UK companies so far have come back with quotes higher.. some are 4 times higher!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts