Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, I ordered 4 of the 2 ohm. They look pretty good actually. I had some JL 12w5's back in the day (mid 90's) for car audio. They were very good back then at $150 a piece. These ed's have more xmax and are a little more sensitive I think. I'll have to see how they sound though.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I picked up one (4 ohm) just out of curiosity to see what it can do. Using WinISD, I've come up with a 3 cu. ft. tuned to 26hz. I'll likely use a Rythmik Audio A350-Basic to power it.

From some other postings I've read using the EHQS12, it should be able to handle the Rythmik if used responsibly, herein lies the difficulty.. :D -TD

·
Registered
3 Posts
I built two of them in the "cheapest way to 20hz" post in ed's forum. They are both powered by 240 watt dayton plate amps.. They rock the house, literally knocked stuff off the walls. I'm going to give one to each of my brothers for xmas. I'm also going to build a dual 12' box using the same plans only one box that's larger and that'll be for me.

I also have 4 of the 8's they had on sale in a 6.5cube box at 25 hz and its awesome too.. good subs for the money.

D

·
0 Posts
I bought 4 of the 2ohm ones. I remember seeing a design for a ported box with four in them, but can't find the link. Anyone? And is it feasible to tune them very low? <20hrz.

M

·
0 Posts
I have 4 of them in a slot loaded large box 26X 26 X 60 . IT rocks my little theater. I have 4 more ready to go into the matching tower. Im currently running these on a BGW amplifier, but will upgrade to a Crown soon.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts