Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking at either a QSC RMX 1850HD or a QSC RMX 1450 to power my one Mal-X sub in a 16cf box tuned to 15hz.

Are these amps powerful enough and does anyone have experience with either of these amp or QSC in general. I have used crown but wanted to try something new. :praying:

Is there a better option besides the China Knockoff "Behringer"? I have moral issues with the knockoff. :)

Matt

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Ive used both Crown and QSC and they are both workhorses, you would have no issue using either of them. I personally have a Samson amp and its worked flawlessly And I am pushing it hard as I have it bridged and its only supposed to have an 8ohm load when bridged but Ive been driving a 4ohm load for two years without a problem.
Lots of members here use Behringer amps and also like them.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks!!! That was exactly the kind of feedback I was hoping for. I have never heard of a Samson Servo 4120 amp. Nice equipment list!!

Matt

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks tcarcio, I was thinking of the Behringer but I have moral issues with Behringer. I cannot bring myself to support a company that rips off another companies design. But that is just me. So, I was looking for an alternative to the Behringer.

Matt

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is a QSC PLX 1602 enough power for a mal-x. Those seem to be a little cheaper. Although I do like the class H design of the 1850HD. What does a man do. :bigsmile:

Matt

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
The Samson 4120 is an older 4 channel amp (about 5 years) but has both line and XLR inputs and outputs I would look for the Samson SX series of amps if your looking to drive a subwoofer.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys for all the help!!!!!!!!!!! Is the PLX Series better than RMX series?

Matt

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the link!!! Did not even have to post as there were tons of threads available. Looks like the RMX is made in China for QSC and the caps they use are of lower quality. This make me think that maybe the Behringer is not a clone but the same amp as the RMX just re-badged. mmmm That is what I learned thus far... will continue researching.... :bigsmile:

·
Registered
132 Posts
I own 3 QSC's MX3000A for sub duty, RMX1850HD front bass and a USA370 bridged center channel all work flawless and love them. I do have the same moral about Beri as well welcome on board :T

·
Registered
132 Posts
Pictures guts of alto amphttp://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w232/gingerbiscuit69/DSC00060.jpg
and from top Tapco juice 2500, QSC RMX 2450 and Behringer EP2500 http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g196/dkleitsch/PA290006.jpg

Thanks for the link!!! Did not even have to post as there were tons of threads available. Looks like the RMX is made in China for QSC and the caps they use are of lower quality. This make me think that maybe the Behringer is not a clone but the same amp as the RMX just re-badged. mmmm That is what I learned thus far... will continue researching.... :bigsmile:

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
From the pics it looks like they are all very similar!!!! The juice looks more robust than the others, "BIGGER CAPS".

Matt

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How did you get these pics? This is really cool.

Matt

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
I don't know your budget but I just purchased the Mackie FR2500 here..http://cgi.ebay.com/MACKIE-FR-2500-2500w-2c-POWER-AMP-PRO-AMPLIFIER-FR2500_W0QQitemZ220380862133QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item220380862133&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50 I know it's a Bstock item but that doesn't bother me but you might have an issue with buying B. Also if you go to live.com and sign up and then search this amp it will bring you to the same page and you will get an extra 12% off. So it usually goes for $499 everywhere else and after the cash back it was $351.12 and free shipping too.:yay2:

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
The Tapco Juice J-2500 is a great value for $400 and has more guts than either of those QSC amps. A friend bought 3 a year ago for his band and they have performed flawlessly. I hooked one up to my stacked double advents for a week and was sad to see it go even though my two Phase Linear 400s sound sweeter.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Are the Tapco Juice J-2500 and Mackie amps the same amp? The sure look to be. The look nice but the high pass breaks the deal for me. :hissyfit: Some reviews say they only go down to 25hz which is sad.

Matt

1 - 20 of 56 Posts