Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
4,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine is in the process of looking for in wall speakers...

He's been given two ideas for brands to look at:

Speaker Craft

and

Proficient

I'm just not that familiar with these brands or other in-wall brands...

Outside of suggesting traditional speakers... does anyone have any experience/insights in this area?

Thanks in advance.
T

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
What are these going to be used for?

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
I can say that from my experience Speakercraft is ok but overpriced often. If someone is looking to try it out to see if it works, go to Monoprice, their stuff is wicked good. I bought several pairs for the garage and they sound wonderful, so I bought a pair for the HT room in back and they work wonderful and blend nicely with all that has been in that room.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/subdepartment.asp?c_id=109&cp_id=10837

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Speaker Craft sound pretty good. I am also a fan of the Paradigm and Axiom in walls but I personally think the PSB's sound the best for that particular application.

·
Banned
4,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies. In looking at the sites, the Axiom products look interesting. Especially the "on wall" speakers... I wonder: All things being equal, should "on-wall" speakers sound better than "in wall" speakers just because they are slightly removed from the wall?

·
Registered
630 Posts
I would lean towards Boston and PSB > and if good pricing, Atlantic Technology.

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
I have some of the Axiom On-Wall and bought them because I thought they had a lot more depth with the ported enclosure than the Paradigm In-walls I was comparing them to.

Jim made a good suggestion with the Atlantic Technologies. i had not thought about those for in-wall.

·
Premium Member
8,112 Posts
Hello,
Speakercraft is quite popular in CI as there are very good profit margins. However, I have never been really impressed with the SQ. Artison are some of the best I have heard. Thiel's are probably the best available, but are not exactly value priced.
Cheers,
JJ

1 - 13 of 13 Posts