Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

101 - 113 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
BUSY! OEM, car audio, a million emails and PM's and threads....‏
Sent: Sun 1/17/10 1:02 AM
To: _________________
Bcc: scott fi ([email protected]); [email protected] 4um fi ([email protected]); [email protected] fi ([email protected]); sales ficaraudio.com ([email protected])

You guys are so popular, can't ya hire a rep to keep up? LOL

anyway... IB3 22.... any info would be wonderful...

ETA most important. Cost 2nd. Motor 3rd.... Q motor modded to get 36mm Xmax figure? I'll have finances lined up very soon and I need 4 of them. I've been waiting since before this time last year!

Thank you!
The way things are going you have become my Fi Home Theater rep. Keep the news coming:D

·
Banned
1,074 Posts
Well the bad news is there will no longer be an IB3 22 I'll post that email here too. Thanks again to Nick and Fi for giving us the news, I'm sure others have been making plans over the last year as well, and they could have drug things on longer.

·
Banned
1,074 Posts
We are not about to put the company into a financial situation by tooling a 22" basket when it does not make financial sense to do it at the time. We're going to see how 1st quarter goes with the SMD's and then entertain a 12 and a 22" version. It does not make financial sense to do it right now as the market for something of that nature is very very very very very small in comparison to other things such as the 12. We did the 22" 12 spoke and did not like how it turned out, it had many issues with draft angles and other things and we will not produce it. Cost..it won't be cheap...and a Q motor will not do that. You can expect something else after 1st quarter. -- Thanks!Nick MorganFi Car Audio

·
Registered
349 Posts
well, this definatly makes sense.

I say this is a good buisness decision. I really respect fi because they make very good products and they actualy listen to what their customers want the product to be able to do.

However it does sound like they are still open to other options and possibly designing a 22" sub in the future either as its own series or part of a new line up.

·
Banned
1,074 Posts
got this today from Scott...

I hired one... but now he is stuck doing other projects as well. With multiple companies requiring attention, and Fi requiring the most communication by far, it gets tough. We are ditching some of the home oriented Fi lines in favor of a home specific company. More details shortly, but I am trying to get a line going with its own rep to take care of things. Should help give the home guys the help they need with specific products and not get lumped in with the balance of the flood of car emails.

IB22 will be back shortly. We have had several major products and launches recently that have taken the front stage vs that one. As Im sure you know IB drivers are but a tiny niche market, albeit one I personally enjoy. Now that we are going to be able to use 22" parts for other applications, it seems that it makes sense to dump more time into this side project.
No ETA as we will be back into the project in a couple of weeks and will have a better time frame then. Cost will come along with that as well. Q motor has clearance for 36mm of xmax with relatively no overshoot mechanically. I wont comment on the motor choices or designs as I have had other thoughts on the matter too. We will definitely release more info in the next couple of weeks when I have a chance to devote more time to it. Im sorry that this one has dragged out so long, but realistically I doubt that I would ever break even on it tooling wise if i was only for IB3 drivers. Now that we have an industrial client and 2 other projects that will use 22" parts, it makes sense for the smaller IB line.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Thank You,

The Fi Car Audio Team

·
Banned
237 Posts
The way things are going you have become my Fi Home Theater rep. Keep the news coming:D
not anymore, been getting the cold shoulder from Scott ever since they "had to change the Fi lineup because of" my youtube videos

this thing isnt coming out any time soon, I have over 3 years of emails saying " just a couple more months"

·
Banned
237 Posts
Id say go for it for sure. yes, its a little more expensive. Yes you may have to EQ a little more. But you know, it's not going anywhere, its available, its very well priced, its been around for a long time. its not too much more, and you can switch things up down the road and use it for different applications. It's not money wasted, it's going to more motor and can be used sealed, LLT, or what have you later on if you so choose.

·
Banned
237 Posts
Well guys, I have been going through a transition period with contacting Fi... I think I have it figured out. The IB3 address doesnt get much responce, but one of the old email addresses I first talked to Scott on seems to be getting more responce. I am working out recones for the 1803s first, then I'll sneak in some IB questions for you guys!

101 - 113 of 113 Posts