Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering which of these will be best for movies. I have a small living room. Oh and I already own a SVS sub the pb-10 that is why I'm considering the SVS.

·
Premium Member
8,112 Posts
Hello,
I prefer the SVS S Series, but this is truly a situation when you cannot go wrong. The S Series coupled with the PB-10 Subwoofer would form a delightful combo.
Cheers,
JJ

·
Premium Member
8,112 Posts
Hello,
Actually, only with the Front Towers and Center Channel will you be able to XO at 80hz as Surrounds are rated down to 100hz. Another reason to go with the SVS's.
Cheers,
JJ

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's what I'll be getting is the towers and the center for right now. I would have to spend alot more cash to get SVS towers. I'll just use the Klipsch surrounds that I have now till I can get better ones.

·
Premium Member
8,112 Posts
That's what I'll be getting is the towers and the center for right now. I would have to spend alot more cash to get SVS towers. I'll just use the Klipsch surrounds that I have now till I can get better ones.
Hello,
With that being the case, that makes them a viable option. They are currently Backordered, but it appears only until the 23rd.
Cheers,
JJ

·
Premium Member
8,112 Posts
Now where the Aperion 4t is 6ohms and the rest are 8 how do I set up my receiver? I have a Onkyo 608
Hello,
Just leave it at the Default 6 Ohm Setting. Putting it in 4 Ohm Mode greatly reduces available power and current and is there primarily to meet Underwriters Laboratory Certification.
Cheers,
JJ

·
Premium Member
8,112 Posts
Hello,
Indeed. The Default is 6 Ohms so just leave it as it has always been.
Cheers,
JJ

·
Registered
72 Posts
Just wondering which of these will be best for movies. I have a small living room. Oh and I already own a SVS sub the pb-10 that is why I'm considering the SVS.
Neither one would be high on my list of candidates. Instead I'd be looking at Infinity Primus the next time they go on sale or better yet Ascend Acoustics speakers which are currently on sale. But that's just my taste and based on the frequency responses.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts