Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a new Alpine CDA-9887 to upgrade my daily commute car. It'll be matching with McIntosh amplification, Eclipse component mains and in-door Tang Band subs. My main intent in my commute cars is always the best SQ possible. My question: does anyone here have experience with Alpine's Imprint system? Is it worth the $200 for the calibration mic and interface or should I stick with my tried and true EQ based on RTA readings?

Thoughts anyone?

· Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, that is pretty much my thought too. I just kind of hate to have untapped capability sitting there without at least trying to play with it... but for $200 maybe I'll wait until I find someone willing to let me borrow theirs for a while. :)

I have used the TB-W6 6.5" subs in three different installations now and they are quite nice for first two octaves augmentation - and you can cross then up to about 700Hz if you need to. They do not "boom" like larger diaphragms of course, but if you want to fill out the bottom that most 6.5" main speaks don't handle well, they suit the bill nicely without need for an enclosure. I have one in each rear door of my Mitsubishi Outlander powered with about 100 watts each and I like them. They are a bit deep at about 4".

· Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the feedback Ryan. The 9887 is replacing a 9860 that now lives in my daughter's car. :) BTW, I have Extremis woofers in my HT surround speakers...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.