Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Apple Safari Browser sneaks in with latest Ipod update.

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Sonnie 
#1 ·
Guys, I'm writing this from an apple browser named Safari, from my windows XP machine.

it got installed today when I updated Itunes on my PC.
it was a checkmark, that I could have unchecked, but I didn't see any harm in trying something new.

I was surprised that it has replaced IE in my quicklaunch bar, as well as from one area of my start menu.
if I were an ordinary user, I would think IE had been removed - as all the easy places I used to launch it from now say safari.

I didn't think apple pulled those kinds of stunts.

Anyhow it seems fine and all, no problem at all using the shack, in fact it has a built in spell check that underlines words with a red line if they are misspelled.

#5 ·
I didn't think apple pulled those kinds of stunts.
Anyhow it seems fine and all, no problem at all using the shack, in fact it has a built in spell check that underlines words with a red line if they are misspelled.
You mean you don't get the constant pop-up to update Quick Time and Install I-Tunes and other stuff I don't want :bigsmile:

Nice to see another browser with some type of spell check,... wonder if MS will ever get on board with that?

#7 ·
This is one thing I like about FireFox... along with a whole lotta other neato add-ons and being faster than IE7.

Nice to see another browser with some type of spell check,... wonder if MS will ever get on board with that?
IE has iespell check... www.iespell.com ... which is handy if you use IE. It is not quite as convenient as FF spell check, but a right click will allow you to spell check prior to hitting the submit button.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.