Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hay all I have a macbook pro and it only has one input/output jack, but I have an apple TV and I can set my computer audio to output to the apple TV. I know there is a small delay in doing this but I was wondering if it would be possable to utilize the apple TV as my "line out" with a rat-shaq spl and line in

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can set a Mac running mouton lion to utilize apple TV as audio out its done in the same manor as AirPlay. I would be using HDMI audio out. Then I would use audio in from my spl

·
HTS Reviewer
1,760 Posts
Ok. While I think it would work, like you said, the potential delay with airplay could be an issue. Since you already have everything but the SPL meter, I would suggest testing your Airplay + Apple TV configuration but use your MBP's built-in mic to see if there are any issues with operation. If it runs smoothly then you could invest in the SPL meter for accurate test results. If not, then you'll know you probably need to try something different. I'd test this myself and post results, but my Macbook is too old to support Mountain Lion, so no Airplay :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts