Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's an organized Amazon buy over on AVSForum today. I just preordered the following:

Smokin' Aces
The Road Warrior
Smokey and the Bandit
Liar Liar
Bruce Almighty
Mystery Men

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Well I missed it... although I think I've got everything already ordered or pre-ordered that I want right now.

·
Senior Shackster
365 Posts
I am not sure what good these organized buys really are in the long run. You get a short term surge, and then everything returns to normal.

If I was a studio, these kinds of events wouldn't move me in any direction. The only thing that would capture and keep my attention is to look at the sales records over a period of time. Doing it this way almost eliminates any benefit of a HD DVD buy day.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I think it was worth it for purchasing a couple of movies I wouldnt otherwise and particapted mainly in the first two. Having another purchase day every month I think is a bit too much...

I think the first purchase day was last Sept and wouldnt mind particapting in an annual type of thing but again I dont think people should be holding off on purchases each month just to all place the orders on the same day.

Personally on the last purchase day I made sure I put my order in for the month the day before to get higher on any pre-order lists... :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts