Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Re: Arcam FMJ AV888 Processor Review by an AV enthusiast

Hello you,
Great review recruit I am glad you are getting so much out of it, I am still playing with the EQ and i do not no why when i use the Arcam mic all levels are in the plus range and when i check them manually whith a SPL meter they read 85 + db ??? Arcam say that the sound generated is 75 db.

At the moment I am building some sound absorbers which is coming along nicely so this should help me get i hope better sound out of my unit....

Keep us updated

·
Registered
58 Posts

Oh recruit you have some very nice speakers there i love those the new 950 do use the pro tweeter and if you put it in % terms then they are about 10-15% away from your speakers.

I had a nice film session last night with DVD and Blu-ray and the detail i can hear in the film is amazing :eek:
But i had a problem from my PS3 swoping from LPCM to Bitstream then got a white noise from all right side speakers only way to stop this was to switch off power then back on again, Have you had this fault ??

Regards

·
Registered
58 Posts

Hi recruit,
Can i ask how you are getting on with regards to how the sub,s sound with your AV888 before and after EQ ?
Have to say with IronMan it sounded BL%%dy good to me :gulp: I thought one of my last upgrades would be to add the SVS EQ1 as i have two subs but with the 888 sounds good as it is but i do wonder how much tighter the EQ1 would make it ????

·
Registered
58 Posts

Thats one thing i have not had the chance to do (REW) i want to see what the EQ is doing ?
What do your graphs look like is there a big change in curve ?

The Arcam has an AMAZING amount of detail silliy as this is in IRON MAN a tin cup fell to the floor and it just sounded so real it was happing in my room :rubeyes: it,s momments like that that reminds you what good sound quality is. :bigsmile:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi recruit, i don't know if you remember that i was having some issues with my sound quality i always felt that there was something not right, well i think i have it now :bigsmile:
I have the Isoteck Sigmas mains conditioner and in my wisdom i put the mains into socket one which is designed for power amps,projectors and subs i moved 888 to socket 3 which is for digital sources :eek: what a difference the change in sound is amazing and the volume level went up a fair bit to :scratch:

The sound i have now sound's more open with depth, the older sound sounded very flat and restricted "how mad is that"

Also i now have my Sub levels set to +/- 75db, when i run Sub EQ software it told me to put sub level on 888 to -5 i now have it to +2.50 :dumbcrazy: now i have the bass i was expecting.

Have you been reading the DIY sub build thread's makes you want to try and build one :devil:

Paul

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi again recruit,

I don't no if you have already but if you need in-depth tech info on your 888 i would surgest you speak to Andy Moor at Arcam he knows his stuff :sn:

The new 2.3 update part of it will be for the AVR500 better fan control.
Every now and then my AV888 locks up on volume control you have turn off from mains to re-set, maybe 2.3 will address this too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.