Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sometimes need to check for "out of band" resonances and ultrasonic harmonics.

Is there any possibility that REW might support an extra octave or two in the future (96kHz, or even 192kHz?)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I most frequently use REW to test electronic circuits, things I'm designing, things I'm repairing, and sometimes it's important to see the behavior beyond 24kHz.

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
If your soundcard has an ASIO driver REW will offer the full range of rates it supports, up to 192 kHz.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you John. I'm working in OSX using a Core Audio driver. There is also a "Bit Accurate" driver choice as well as Soundflower and aggregate choices.

My interface is capable of 96kHz operation, but only 44.1 and 48kHz appear in the REW preferences...

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
Only 44.1 and 48k are offered on OS X at the moment, I tried higher rates but behaviour was a bit erratic, sometimes worked, sometimes not. I'll be looking at it again to see if it can be made to behave better, but won't be for some weeks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
If your soundcard has an ASIO driver REW will offer the full range of rates it supports, up to 192 kHz.
Not that the author of this fantastic piece of software needs any one to back him up, but as an end used I can report it successfully worked for me on a PC with RME UFX up to 192khz.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts