Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

How much have you spent total on your Home Theater setup?

• Under $1,000

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Between $1,000 and $2,000

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Between $2,000 and $5,000

Votes: 21 42.0%
  • Over $5,000

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • Over $10,000

Votes: 13 26.0%
  • Don't ask, even I can't count that high!

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters
41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
I voted over $5,000 my electronics and associated bits will come in over $7,000 when currently plan is complete. However if you include the room I pretty much built by myself from the ground up then you are talking much more serious money. Hey when it is completed as per current plans and it is not up to par, guess what?

·
Registered
63 Posts
The HT mags are for the most part out to lunch on most of what they print. I think part of their strategy is to make their readers feel like they got a bargain when they purchase this stuff in the real world. The internet auction sites are full of equipment from those who paid too much, and could not figure out how to use after the tech left. Which is fine by me.
I spoke with an internet seller, who only sells vintage speakers, and he told me not to get rid of my large advents because to buy something comparable in sound and quality I would have to spend $2500. or more. I guess what I am trying to say is that all the newest stuff that the HT mags put out are not necessarily better, but newer and more expensive.:reading:

·
Registered
54 Posts
I am just starting out, but I found from reading the mags and then actually going out and talking with people I got different opinions. I found that you have to find a common with all the information and take the good with the bad. The best way that I found was to try out the products that I can afford and use my own judgment. Mostly the mags point me in the right direction.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts