Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just wondering is rear wireless posible using the following AVR
Denon – HEOS
Yamaha – Musiccast
Onkyo or Pioneer- FlareConnect or Chromecast
Integra - DRX 3.2 compatible with Sonos, Chromecast

I plan on using the ATMOS built in speaker from pioneer for the front but would like to prevent having to run wires from the AVR to the rears.

I would be building a 5.2.2 setup.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys just wondering is rear wireless posible using the following AVR
Denon – HEOS
Yamaha – Musiccast
Onkyo or Pioneer- FlareConnect or Chromecast
Integra - DRX 3.2 compatible with Sonos, Chromecast

I plan on using the ATMOS built in speaker from pioneer for the front but would like to prevent having to run wires from the AVR to the rears.

I would be building a 5.2.2 setup.

Thanks.

Probably you could use wireless audio transmitter with active speakers provided that your AVR has a pre out for that particular Chanel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
9,204 Posts
All the possibilities you mentioned from Yamaha, Denon, Onkyo etc. assume active speakers on the other end, that have built-in wireless receivers and amplifiers.

If the Pioneer speakers you mentioned require wires connected to an amplifier, you’re out of luck there.

The only solution would be an outboard transmitter / receiver system that would connect to the AVR’s pre-outputs on the transmitter end, and to active speakers on the receiving end. The only way you could use the Pioneer speakers would be to connect the receiving end to an outboard amplifier, to which you could then connect the speakers.

Look online for an article I wrote on the topic titled “Wireless Surround Sound, it’s a Mess,” which covers the options for wireless transmitter / receiver systems. Be prepared to spend some money.

Regards,
Wayne

1 - 6 of 6 Posts