Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since , I dont use the left and right filter sets simultaneously, would it be possible to use the left bank for one filter set and the right bank for another filter set thereby effectively doubling the number of filter sets available for use?
For example I can store a filter set without house curve in filter #7L and another filter set with a 6bd hard knee house curve in Filter #7R ?

Tks

·
Super Moderator
9,252 Posts

Technically that would work. All you’d need to do is send say, the L output to the R input, and the R output to the subwoofer.

But practically-speaking what you’re proposing won’t work. The problem is that the BFD has a global bypass, not separate L/R bypasses. So you would not be able to switch say, the R bank off if you wanted to use the L bank filters. They’re either all on, or all off.

The easiest way to do a second filter set is to just use an additional memory slot. When you switch from one memory to another, the first’s filters are disengaged.

Regards,
Wayne

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Technically that would work. All you’d need to do is send say, the L output to the R input, and the R output to the subwoofer.

But practically-speaking what you’re proposing won’t work. The problem is that the BFD has a global bypass, not separate L/R bypasses. So you would not be able to switch say, the R bank off if you wanted to use the L bank filters. They’re either all on, or all off.

The easiest way to do a second filter set is to just use an additional memory slot. When you switch from one memory to another, the first’s filters are disengaged.

Regards,
Wayne
You are right . I would just use another bank as I have been doing all along. I need to delete some of my older ones that I no longer use . TKs

1 - 3 of 3 Posts