Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well as i thought, im not getting enough to the amp to have the sub keep up with the mains, and i know the cleanbox has a roll off, and i also saw the mods to it

is there another device that will do the same thing? for cheap too

i also had to buy a ground loop isolator, if i get a clean box or whcih ever, can i take back the isolator, will the cleanbox do it too?

·
Registered
267 Posts
There are other things that can do it, but they aren't as cheap. The clean box will not work as an isolator. It might change your ground loop problems, and it might not. Most of the time it seems to make existing problem worse on it's own. Don't get rid of the isolator just yet.

chasw98 is working on a DIY box that will convert your signal plus a host of other things, but it isn't quite out yet. It should run close to the $50 mark.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
the hum elimator i bought was this one
Never seen that one before. Have you done a response check? Since it's a transformer, they sometimes have poor bottom end response. Actually the ART II Hum remover has great response for subs.

the reciever dosent put out enough voltage on the sub out , and the ep2500 has to be maxed out to get decent output,
The input sensitivity of the EP2500 is +2dBV (~1.25vRMS), which is standard consumer level. But, it's not uncommon for receivers to struggle with supplying standard level. Many only output a volt.

That reckhorn b-1 looks fine with good bottom end response as long as the subsonic filter is dialed all the way down. Looks expensive though.

brucek

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
The Reckhorn B-1 is $80.00 from Creative Sound
Huh, that seems like a good price for a device with a decent response, hi-cut filter, boost filter, and low-cut filter.

With everything off and the subsonic at min, the graph looks alright.......

RECKHORN.jpg

brucek

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well the hum eliminator shows 20-70khz +- .5db

dont know any way to test without it, except my laptop again, its a small sealed box so response isnt that great already, building a ported box soon

1 - 9 of 9 Posts