Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to retry using the cleanbox (it started tuning in radio broadcasts last time I used it).

This time, I ran the xlr out channel 1 on the cleanbox into the xlr back in on channel 2 on the cleanbox and then used rca to 1/4 for the pro amp.

This seems noise free and it definitely gives me more power. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The distortion and noise of the two channels is additive.

What's your reasoning for such an arrangement?

Why not simply use one channel?

brucek
Seems to get more noise with the xlr on this thing. I can tune in radio broadcasts with it.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I decided to retry using the cleanbox (it started tuning in radio broadcasts last time I used it).

This time, I ran the xlr out channel 1 on the cleanbox into the xlr back in on channel 2 on the cleanbox and then used rca to 1/4 for the pro amp.

This seems noise free and it definitely gives me more power. Any thoughts?
Give you more power? so you turned a 500 watts amp into 5000 watts amp

+1 on what brucek did add.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Give you more power? so you turned a 500 watts amp into 5000 watts amp

+1 on what brucek did add.
power meaning input signal voltage. im just amazed that its not adding any perceptible noise to the system but I can mess around with it some more and try balanced again.

Edit: got angry and opened it up and cut off the chasiss ground, ran a long piece of scrap wire off that ground wire and into my powerstrip's grounding post. Problem sorta solved. now I just have a higher noise floor but its atleast not tuning in radio stations and im using the xlr.

edit: sounds even better with no ground at all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts