Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to mount a 65-70inch display on a wall above a fireplace (I know that it is generally not recommended). The room is large and the wall is about 9-14ft from the sofa.

1. Can anyone recommend an articulating arm that would be able to support a display of this size and also be easy to move the display up/down, left/right?

2. Are these types of arm generally a good/bad idea to use?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
With displays of that size and weight I always install CHEIF mounts... they are expensive but do not sag and are very well constructed . The WEIGHT of your TV is most important here

Also it is CRITICAL that it mount to studs on at least 6 points with lag bolts . Again the more weight the more securely bolted to stud points are required... Bolting to sheet-rock points = disaster waiting to happen ... you would think this is common sense, but Ive seen more than 1 person try it. :coocoo:

On the CHEIF website use the manufacture / model # guide at the top right to assist in finding the right mount

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Use a dual arm mount you'll have less chance of sagging. How much articulation do you need? Do you need the mount to turn 90° or just want the display to come off the wall some?

PN-RUB is 25" extension
PD-RUB is 37" extension
Both are dual arm mounts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts