Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
High guys I'm a new member here so sorry if this is in the wrong section. I'm wanting to upgrade my 2.1 setup and have narrowed my choice between these speakers. The room is only around 1200cubic feet and has acoustic treatments. I'd say I listen to 50/50 movies and music mainly orchestral so depth and imaging are very important. If I left out any details I'll answer any question.

·
HTS Moderator , Reviewer
3,381 Posts
You're comparing a five driver tower to a dual driver bookshelf? They're going to provide a vastly different experience.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya it's kinda an apples and oranges comparison. How would the a5 compare to the Sierra tower with raal? I know the Sierra is 3x the price but does the a5 still compete? I'm trying to decide if I want to go arx or Sierra piece buy piece to get 5.1.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Honestly, if you can afford the towers thats the best investment for the front two channels over any bookshelf.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the responses. I'll most likely try the a5s. They seem be very well liked on every forum I've read. I'll use the money I save on other things to improve my system.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts