Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm running a Native Instruments Kontrol S4 MK2 as my soundcard. The S4 has two stereo INs, stereo mic IN, and 2 stereo OUTs. When I try to calibrate the soundcard with the loopback, the driver crashes immediately.

After a fresh launch of REW, I can start the soundcard calibration and see the meter respond to both the output and the input briefly, then I get the driver crash popup and another message that the soundcard did not respond. Subsequent attempts never show activity on the input again until after an app restart.

I have no problems with the soundcard or drivers in any other applications, such as Ableton Live, Machine, Traktor, or Studio One.

I'm running fully patched Windows 10, REW 5.16, and the latest drivers from NI.

Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
Could try increasing the NI driver's buffer size or changing the driver's sample rate to match the rate selected in REW (or vice versa).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually just got it working using the Java drivers. Is it preferred to use the ASIO drivers?

Thanks for your response.

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
No, the Java drivers work fine for most measurement purposes. Main limitation is 16 bit data, which doesn't make any difference for acoustic measurements.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just an FYI... it seems the buffer size increase did fix the crash. Sample rate was the same. Only Problem was with the single/mono limitation with ASIO and getting the loopback and mic measurement at the same time during calibration.

I know how hard it can be supporting free applications as an independent developer. Many thanks to you!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts