Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
using java, it says 16bit down at the bottom of the software.
using ASIO, it doesnt say what the bitdepth is.

we need 24 bit impulse response files for high definition movies.
i'm here asking if this already exists, or if it will exist in the near future.

·
REW Author
6,711 Posts
A figure is shown for ASIO when REW starts receiving data (for example, when you make a measurement or turn on the SPL meter or level meters). However, it doesn't matter whether you are using Java drivers and 16 bit data or ASIO drivers with 24-bit data, the impulse response derived from a measurement uses 32-bit floats and can be exported as a 16, 24 or 32-bit WAV.

·
Banned
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i sincerely hope this thread clears up any confusion for others.

a mixture of equalization, impulse response convolution, time delays, & phase .. i've got two front speakers 12ft apart with 1-2dB louder instance in the middle gap without a physical center channel speaker (depending on source material).
..i'm thinking the computer monitor in front of me helps the dB increase (if anybody's results vary).

i've got one equalizer setting for spdif input (because i can't run the spdif through the vst host) .. and another equalizer setting to be used in conjunction with the vst host.
running through the vst host shows a large improvement with the soundstage.
it directs me to get a bluray drive instead of a set top bluray player.

i haven't used REW with ASIO yet to note the figure you spoke about, but your words are informative.
(actually i just opened up REW and turned on the SPL meter and seen the 24-bit down at the bottom)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts